The NHS Improvement collaborative has held a series of Master Classes to stimulate the development of Criteria Led Discharge across the UK. Central to this work is an International Review of the evidence base for criteria led discharge (Lees-Deutsch, L and Robinson, J, 2017). This work is now being shared through a series of Master Classes at the Heart of England NHS Trust.
- A presentation of the international evidence from a Systematic Literature Review of Criteria Led Discharge: addressing, safety, quality and length of stay.
- Launch of the HEFT Procedure for Criteria Led Discharge.
- Surgical Pathway and implementation process.
- Considerations with non-protocol led (bespoke) criteria in medicine.
- Questions and discussion.
It is expected that those who attend this master class will take the lead to implement criteria led discharge in their clinical area. Nominated leads will be facilitated (as needed) through the implementation process.
This master class is open to registered practitioners Band 6 to 8 and Consultants.