Criteria for application:
- You must be in year 12+
- Have at least 3 GCSE's C or above (5/6) in English, Maths and a Science
- Currently studying a Health and Social Care qualification, Access to Nursing or are submitting a UCAS with the view to go to University to study Midwifery/Nursing
- Must supply a reference
Placement is based at Good Hope Hospital only
Dependent upon the workload this experience can be varied.
The opportunity to observe:
- Predominately you will see antenatal patients
- Ultrasound Scan (USS)
- Glucose Tolerance Tests (GTT's)
- Cardiotocography (CTG’s)
- History taking
- Blood tests
- Pre operative assessments
- Other associated care
You will be assigned to a midwife who you will shadow throughout the day and you will also have access to the Student midwives ‘Menu of Learning’ which you are encouraged to go through and then discuss the opportunities available to you.
Please note if you have not heard from us within 3 months of submitting your application form, then on this occasion you have been unsuccessful.
Please return either by e-mail to: [email protected] (Please note emails to this email address are not 100% secure), or alternatively post it back to: Work Experience Department, Education Centre, Solihull Hospital, Lode Lane, Solihull B91 2JL