Here at University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust we want to support you to achieve your full potential.
If you are a newly registered nurse, enthusiastic and passionate about high quality patient care, we want you in our team at University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust.
We value our staff and aim to give the best quality patient care. We have a range of preceptorship activities designed to invest in you and support you through your first 12 months.
- Corporate Induction
- Nurse Induction
- Supernumerary clinical shifts
- A further 1 week supernumerary shift
- 2 further clinical shifts (within 3 months of starting) to consolidate and gain confidence
- Additional 2 Day Multi-Professional Preceptorship programme
- A named Preceptor for clinical support
Other development opportunities within the trust
- Venepuncture course
- Cannulation course
- Intravenous Therapy course
- Medicines Step –up module
- Many more courses and accredited modules under our courses A-Z list
- Online resources, Moodle, I-skills, easylearning
- Resources for Nurse revalidation
Excellent Education Centres, Libraries and Clinical Skills facilities on all sites
For our professional development portfolio, aimed at newly qualified staff (nurses, midwives and AHP’s to evidence their learning and development in their first year) and guidance for preceptors on how to complete the portfolio itself please log into
Please explore our website for further details