Here at Heart of England NHS Foundation Trust we want to support you to achieve your full potential.
For our newly registered band 5 nurses or new nurses to HEFT
If you are a newly registered nurse, enthusiastic and passionate about high quality patient care, we want you in our team at Heart of England NHS Foundation Trust.
We value our staff and aim to give the best quality patient care. At the start of your career here at HEFT we have a range of preceptorship activities designed to invest in you and support you through your first 12 months at HEFT.
- Corporate Induction
- Nurse Induction
- Supernumerary clinical shifts
- A further 1 week supernumerary shift
- 2 further clinical shifts (within 3 months of starting) to consolidate and gain confidence
- Additional 3 Day Multi-Professional Preceptorship programme with optional degree accreditation
- A named Preceptor for clinical support
- Monthly Preceptorship Forums for support across each site - under Upcoming Events on our website
*NEW* Educators to support our new nurses
We provide an educator for each new nurse. You will be introduced and provided contact details at your nurse induction.
These educators will support you with any issues raised, work with you in your clinical area, teach in practice and assess any competencies or simply listen and advise.
Please do not hesitate to contact them for any clarification or support.
Other development opportunities within the trust
- Venepuncture course
- Cannulation course
- Intravenous Therapy course
- Medicines Step –up module
- Supporting Learning and Assessment in Practice module
- Many more courses and accredited modules under our courses A-Z list
- Online resources, Moodle, I-skills, VITAL & Clinical skills net
- Resouces for Nurse revalidation
Excellent Education Centres, Libraries and Clinical Skills facilities on all sites
For our professional development portfolio, aimed at newly qualified staff (nurses, midwives and AHP’s to evidence their learning and development in their first year and guidance for preceptors on how to complete the portfolio itself please log into
Please explore our website for further details and follow us on Twitter @HEFTEducation