It is a requirement to attend and successfully complete this course, before being able to perform blood gas analysis using Roche cobas b221 analysers by ward staff.
- Correct procedures of obtaining a blood sample for blood gas analysis
- Preparation of the patient for obtaining a blood gas sample
- Correct procedure for the processing of blood gas sample on the analyser
- Consequences of not following the correct procedures for obtaining a sample
- Able to interpret results and act upon blood gas results appropriately
- Reviewing previous patient results
- Infection control precautions when undertaking blood gas analysis
- Basic Trouble shooting
- Importance of looking after blood gas analysers
- Importance of individual barcode and correct PID use as part of data protection and clinical/information governance
- Complete assessment and competency
This course is designed to be attended by new users and those who require refresher training for two yearly update.
Please see attachment below