It is a requirement to attend and successfully complete this course, before being able to perform blood gas analysis using Roche cobas b221 analysers by ward staff.
- Correct procedures of obtaining a blood sample for blood gas analysis;
- Preparation of the patient for obtaining a blood gas sample;
- Correct procedure for the processing of blood gas sample on the analyser;
- Consequences of not following the correct procedures for obtaining a sample;
- Able to interpret results and act upon blood gas results appropriately;
- Reviewing previous patient results;
- Infection control precautions when undertaking blood gas analysis;
- Basic Trouble shooting;
- Importance of looking after blood gas analysers;
- Importance of individual barcode and correct PID use as part of data protection and clinical/information governance;
- Complete assessment and competency;
This course is designed to be attended by new users and those who require refresher training for two yearly update.
Please see attachment below.