Here at Heart of England NHS Foundation Trust, it is our aim to support young people to get into the NHS by giving them employability skills and real work experience. We are working with the Prince's Trust to offer a structured programme as shown below:
- Open day
- 2 week classroom placement
- 2 week placement with supervisors
- Celebration day
- Open day information – The students are shortlisted via the Princes Trust according to the placements that we have been able to source. The students then come along for the morning to hear a rundown of how the programme will look.
- 2 week classroom information – Selected shortlisted students will attend a two week classroom based programme within Education, where they will gain formal qualifications in Communication, Food Safety, First Aid, Leadership and Employment Roles and Responsibilities (ERR). They will also learn how to apply for jobs and will be interviewed according to their expressions of interest in the placements.
- 2 week placement – Selected students will be allocated to their supervisor.
- Celebration day – The students will deliver a presentation on what they have learnt over the 4 weeks. This in the past has been a lovely event and the presentations have been exceptional. All supervisors are invited to attend this event
If you could offer a young person nine days of work experience in your area please email: [email protected] or phone 0121 424 3147